How to remove Duqu, A New Generation of Stuxnet Virus ?
Stuxnet, a terrible virus that was late last year for attacking a nuclear facility has been reborn. This time, malicious programs have different goals. Genetics Stuxnet Virus name is Duqu successfully picked up by one of the computers in the European region. While Duqu look the same but have different characteristics than the “parents”.
The most difference between Duqu and Stuxnet is, Duqu not made to attack the nuclear engine in the industry, but more focused on the theft of information and the ability to check the vehicle. Based on the information on the official blog of Symantec Duqu new viruses are found in a number of specific plant, and there is no evidence of massive attacks. But this virus should be cautious.
What is Rootkit.Duqu.A ?
Rootkit.Duqu is a new generation of Stuxnet combines advanced keylogger and backdoor application. Because of its rootkit technology, the piece of malware remain hidden from the user, the operating system and even the defense mechanism of the normal anti-virus programs.
Like stuxnet, Rootkit.Duqu.A goes digital with a stolen digital certificate that was revoked in the meantime signed. This makes it possible to install both 32 – and 64-bit operating systems on Windows platforms from Windows XP to Windows 7. The Duque rootkit running on the computer for 36 days and gather any information from the keyboard, including passwords, e-mail or IM conversations. After the “Monitoring” ends, remove the rootkit itself gracefully from the system, along with the keylogging component.
How to remove Rootkit.Duqu.A ?
Rootkit malware is difficult to detect, as it manages to subvert the operating system before it is fully loaded. Rootkit removal can be challenging even for some antivirus solutions, so manual removal is not recommended. Thanks god BitDefender offer a free and fully automated removal tool that takes care of everything for you. You only have to download and run it on the system, then reboot the PC if infection is found. Here is step by step how to use Duqu Removal from BitDefender :
- Download and extract the Duqu_Removal_Tool.zip.
- Navigate to the folder you have extracted the tool in, find the file called Duqu_Removal_tool.exe and double-click on it. Press the Scan button and let the removal tool scan your PC.
- If you have Windows Vista with User Access Control enabled, or if you are running as a restricted user in Windows XP, right click the Duqu_Removal_tool.exe program and choose “Run as Administrator”. You will be prompted to enter credentials for an admin account.
- Press the OK button when the removal tool asks for a reboot.
Done… Your computer clean from Duqu now (hopefully)
Incoming search terms:
- duqu remover
- duqu virus removal
- get rid stuxnet virus
- how do you get rid of stuxnet virus
- remove duqu virus